Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.

DAY 9 - London to Bath

After saying goodbye to the Russian ladies at the Radnor we dragged our luggage down to Paddington Station. We got there fairly early and spent some time drinking coffees and buying things from the Body Shop and Boots Pharmacy. Then we got the train to Bath. The trip seemed very quick to me. Then we got a cab to our hotel on Sydney Road. It's SO beautiful. A 200 year old mansion overlooking a park and impressive cathedral. They filmed Jane Austen's "Persuasion" in the very room we're staying in and you can see why. The owners are lovely too. A very British gentleman, Julian, and his Austrian wife by a foreign name I cannot recall. We walked around the town of Bath and I saw that Babyshambles was playing that very night in the town hall! Obviously it was too late to get tickets or anything like that but just knowing that Pete Doherty was in the same little village as I was right then and there made my heart flutter a little. We went to the fashion museum and then came back to the hotel and I read Margaret Atwoods "Blind Assassin" for the rest of the night and finally finished it. Things finally got interesting towards the end, I think my expectations were too high.




No comments: